1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Put on a pair of size 32 pants.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year's resolution was to not make any resolutions. I failed it with the first.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I'm aware of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I'm aware of.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothin...really...comes to mind.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 75 pounds.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The 24" TV.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My slimeball coworker Phil.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Oh, yeah. Get this. Kaboom.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Either OutKast's I Like The Way You Move or Britney's Me Against The Music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? Happier. Yay, Zoloft.
b. thinner or fatter? Thinner.
c. richer or poorer? Richer. Kinda.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Earn commission. Sleep. Go to PT.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Taken it like a man.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I have no idea whatsoever.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Mi madre. Of course.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I discovered many. Conquest, Mail Call, Trading Spaces, While You Were Out, What Not To Wear, I, Detective, Monster House, Monster Garage, American Chopper, Mythbusters, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and Whose Line Is It Anyway?.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
My slimeball coworker Phil. Didn't know him last year.
26. What was the best book you read?
I am sad to say that I did not read a book at all during the year.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Junior Senior's Move Your Feet.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Saw in theaters: The Last Samurai. Saw at home: The Recruit.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Whatever I did, it was so utterly unspectacular that I neither posted about it nor remembered it.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Fortune to have smiled upon me and dropped a huge effing check in my lap.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
34. What kept you sane?
LJ. BGM. Gunbound.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Er. Gee, I donno.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Dubya's decision to sidestep the Osama issue and instead finish Daddy's Little War.
37. Who did you miss?
My former neighbor, Erica Hensley.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Several coworkers just wowed the socks off me.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
Hard work and perseverence only gets you a kick in the ass and a smaller paycheck when you work in retail.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Funny how I blind myself
I never knew
If I was sometimes played upon
Afraid to lose
-- Talk Talk, It's My Life (covered by No Doubt)