The downside is currently in the rumor mode, but there's a scheduled all-store meeting on the 19th to address it.
The jist of the rumor is thus:
- All employees will recieve a pay cut. This cut will be between $0.25 and $4.64 an hour.
- In addition to the pay cut, hours will be reduced. A standard 14-hour week is expected, as opposed to the thirty-five most of us have now.
- We will be expected to fight for commission. The commission rates are not expected to change, leaving me and my co-workers to battle it out over a whopping 1% after our sales goals.
- Dress code will change, forcing men into suits and women into more business-like attire. Being paid minimum wage, no one will be able to afford this.
I then add this to the rumor pot myself.
- 30% of the staff will quit outright.
- 30% of the staff will start looking for another job immediately, myself included.
- The local unions will descend upon the Bon and immediately turn the store union.
- The new BONunion will strike.
- Riots will ensue. Havoc will be caused. Many BONpeons will be shot.
- The CEO of Federated will be hailed by the stockholders for reducing costs.
As if money issues weren't sucky enough as it is...