In light of the recent tragedy, you might have heard some people saying that violent games are partially to blame for real life violence. To put your minds at ease about these games, I, __dakuootta, aka 435, aka Michael__, make the following declarations:
* I know the difference between right and wrong.
* I know the difference between fantasy and reality.
* I know where the game ends and real life begins.
* I know the difference between aliens/zombies/monsters and people.
* I know the difference between digital people and real people.
* I know the pain real violence can cause.
* I know the pain real crime can cause.
* I know that people who commit real crimes go to real jail.
* I know that people have played Cops and Robbers for generations without becoming real robbers.
* I know that millions of people play violent games without ever committing a violent act.
* I know that video games are a safe way to let out my aggression without hurting anyone.
* I know that pressing a button isn't the same as pulling a trigger.
* I know that no amount of virtual deaths will make me comfortable seeing real death.
* I know that virtual death and real death are worlds apart.
* I know that, in real life, you get one life and there's no reset button.
* I know, in the end, that these are only games.