- Tell them politely over dinner.
- Come over to their house and tell them nicely, but firmly. Bring their stuff.
- Call them up and tell them that way.
- Stop by their work, say 'It's Over' and walk away.
- Leave a message on their answering machine.
- Drop them a Dear John letter.
- Drop them a Dear John email.
- Call them up, immediately play American Woman front to back, and hang up. (Think of the lyrics)
One of these happened to my co-worker the other day. Courtesy of her now-ex-boyfriend.
Is it just me, or is that tackier than chartreuse shag carpet?